E-liquids are made from a combination of vegetable glycerin, flavor extracts or propylene. There are companies that include nicotine juice to give a different taste. When preparing e-liquids, you need to know that some flavor mixing techniques are likely to have a negative impact to the taste of the liquid. Freshly prepared e-liquids such as those from Mt. Baker Vapor require time to mellow before you use them. E-liquid steeping is simply a technique that involves unlocking all the flavors of an e-liquid by allowing its ingredients to combine so that they can spread evenly. Here are some of the best E-liquid steeping tips.
What steeping does?
The process of steeping entails the bonding of the ingredients and absorption of oxygen. Oxidation changes the chemicals composition as well as appearance of the E-liquid. This leads to the removal of volatile elements that may make the liquid to have a perfumery taste.
In other words, steeping an e-liquid is the same as aging wine. The process can be accomplished with or without water but requires heat and lengthy exposure to make the liquid tastier. However, many of the premade e-liquids on the market do not require steeping. On the other hand, some vape enthusiasts argue that letting an e-liquid to mature gives it a different taste.
Steeping requires the use of glass bottles because the process involves heat and other factors. Unlike plastic bottles, glass retains heat and does not melt. If you want to steep your e-liquid regularly, it is wise to look for several glass bottles. The best flavors from your e-liquid can be achieved by steeping.
Everyone has his or her own taste thus making steeping very important. Therefore, it is good to taste your e-liquid flavor so often so that you can easily determine when the perfect flavor is attained. It is not mandatory to complete the process of steeping because you can stop it once you attain your best flavor.
How to steep your E-liquid
There are various ways you can use to steep your e-liquid. You can experiment with multiple methods to find out what will work for you. If you are not sure, simply follow these steps
• Look for a new fluid bottle
• Remove the cap and plastic wrapping, if any
• Store it in a cool and dry place for some days
• To steep your e-liquid using a water bath, start by preparing warm (Ensure that the warm water is enough to submerge your bottle halfway)
• Remove caps of the bottles you want you want to steep
• Set them in an upright position on the container you want to use
• Let them to stand until the water attains room temperature
• Dry the bottles before replacing the caps
• Once the bottles are ready, keep them in a cool and moisture free place for some days until your e-liquid is ready for use
• If you need extra storage, we would suggest that you shop for a two- tray tackle box from any of the local or online stores
• Up to this point, your e-liquid will be ready for use.